HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Contest Winner & New Fat Quarter Shop BOM!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all doing great today!  It's snowing here this morning.....a very pretty snow with Arctic cold air to boot.  Aahhhh....winter in the midwest makes you appreciate spring all the more!  Anyway...on to important business.

The random number generator chose #19......Kristine!  Congratulations, Kristine!!  Please email me with your address and I'll send the patterns and quilt kit to you right away.

I was so touched reading your comments telling when you began quilting, who taught you to quilt and what quilting means to you.  Such kindred spirits we are!  I don't know about you, but when I'm quilting (read - piecing - as I don't quilt a thing) I feel very connected to the past ~ to our quilting ancestors.  We're carrying on the tradition, albeit with rotary cutters and computerized sewing machines....still  keeping quilting alive.  There aren't many crafts from the nineteenth century still being practiced today.  Don't know of any "wheelers" making wagon wheels.  There are a few tinsmiths and blacksmiths, but not 20+ million active "smiths" out there like there are quilters.   Amazing.....and so proud to be one of them!


I am so jazzed to tell you about the newest venture from the talented ladies at FatQuarterShop.com!

Every year for the last four years, Kimberly Jolly creates a new mystery Block of the Month.  Each year she chooses a new quilt theme and uses a fabulous Moda collection.   Kimberly invites 12 different quilt designers to design new, original blocks for the quilt and.....luckily....I was invited to participate again this year!  Last year, it was a Christmas quilt where the blocks were all different Christmas motifs.  You can still get in on that BOM by clicking here.

The new Designer Mystery Block of the Month is a flower garden theme!  There are 12 different flower blocks featuring the new Strawberry Fields fabric collection by Fig Tree Quilts.  The featured designers who created the monthly blocks are Acorn Quilt & Gift Company, Anka's Treasures, Bonnie & Camille, Bunny Hill, G. E. Designs, Heartspun Quilts, Me & My Sister Designs, Miss Rosie's Quilt Company, Pieces from My Heart, Stitch Studios, The Pattern Basket, and This & That.  I've seen a little sneak peek and geez.....it's really lovely!

To check out this awesome exclusive Block of the Month - click here!

Hope you enjoy your weekend and have some time to pick up needle and thread.  While I'm not a sports fan.....far from it....I am a proud Chicagoan, and just have to say.....Go Bears!


1 comment:

  1. I've already signed up for this one. I did the first two, but not the third and loved them.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete