HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, February 6, 2012

Quilty License Plate



About a month ago, I asked for photos of quilty license plates.  I see them around town and they bring a smile to my face, knowing that a kindred spirit rides in that car.  Is she on her way to her favorite quilt shop?  Is she on a fabric mission?  I smile and nod...been there....done that.... many times!  Here are photos from my sisters-in-quilting, showing off their passion in license plate form!



This plate belongs to Carol M.  The QLT obviously represents her love of quilting, and the MEMA is the name her grandchildren call her.  How cute is that? 


Linda from California sent me a photo of her plate - which says it all, doesn't it?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Maureen wanted to send me a photo of her plate, QLTR99, but she can't because she's in AL and the car is in IL!  She says she added the 99 because she can easily remember what year her car is for all of those pesty forms that ask for that info.  Great idea, Maureen!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Kathy L's license plate covers a bevy of needle-love!  She knits, works counted thread embroidery, and quilts.  For the last 24 years, she's been living in Texas, but part of her heart is still in Illinois, hence the Bears plate frame.  Love it!



Fellow quilter, Jean T. sums it up nicely, don't you think?



As does the plate on my good friend Tara Darr's (of Sew Unique Creations) SUV. 


The next time you pull into the parking lot of your local quilt shop and see a line-up like this, I know you'll smile and nod...knowing kindred spirits are inside, and you're exactly where you belong!

Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for taking a moment to stop by. 

I have many new projects in the works and will post my progress, so stay tuned!

Pam

P.S.  If you're in the Chicagoland area, I will be teaching my most popular workshop class, "Practice What I Preach", in Steger, IL on Saturday, February 11th.  If you're interested in attending, please email me and I will put you in touch with the folks at the Pieces 'N Patches Quilt Guild who can get you signed up. 

4 comments:

  1. I love your license plate! That is so fun!!! I love seeing the others also... I remember seening one once that was 9-Patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! The three cars in a row really sums it all up! We take our love of quilting wherever we go! Great post, Pam!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete