HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, September 28, 2012

Forget Me Not Sewalong ~ Part Fourteen


It's finally here!!  The big reveal!!  So......what do you think? 

I chose a simple setting to really showcase the sampler blocks.  The blocks are almost in the order that you made them, except block 11 is second in the quilt.  For me, it was always second, however, I didn't want you to make it as the second block because I wanted you to use up scraps for the HST's.  I wanted to balance the colors evenly throughout the quilt, didn't want all the HST clumped together, and liked the Forget Me Not block as the last block.  But...that's just me.

You have my permission (you certainly do not need it!) to arrange your blocks in any pleasing order you want.  Play with the setting triangles, too!  There's a couple of ways you can use them.  Make the quilt your own.

With my last sewalong, Busy Work, we had a show-n-tell about two months after the last post, and I thoroughly enjoyed that!  I think all of you did, too.....so let's do it again!!

 
Send me a photo of your completed quilt top.
 
Your quilt does not have to be quilted or bound!!  Please take a photo showing your quilt flat against a wall or the floor.  Include your name and the state or country where you live.  I will have a give-away to go along with the show-n-tell!  Email your photo to me no later than Friday, November 30th.
 
I'm working on the design for another sew-along, coming soon!
 
I can't tell you how much I loved sewing along with each and every one of you! 
Your comments and block photos were a joy each week. 
I hope you had fun, and love this little quilt as much as I do.
I won't be forgetting the experience any time soon!
 
Until next time....happy stitching!
 
Pam
 

7 comments:

  1. Aha! Now I can see what the finished size of the setting blocks is and what colors I should use. I'll have to get started on those. :)

    I can't wait to see everyone's quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my i do think I need to rethink my goals today. All of my blocks are ready to go. Hope you are having a nice fall road trip! Thank you for this sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Pam, this is so lovely! It shows the blocks so beautifully! Love it and hope to catch up! Thanks so much or sharing another great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful blocks that I feel confident I can do. I've saved them to my computer for now since you are done. I want to join the next quilt along too. I've added my name to your followers and I will join you by email so I'll be ready. Again, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've finished the top! You can see it here:
    http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekly-update_17.html.

    Pam, I'll send you a picture on Nov. 29th or when I've got it quilted and bound* -- whichever comes first. :)

    *Yes, I know I don't have to, but I want to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! I had sent you a set of pictures, but I tinkered with my quilt a little more and I really love how it turned out. You can see my progress on it and more pictures at www.jlgwyn.wordpress.com. I have a tag on the blog called "Forget Me Not" to make it even easier! I'm sending you a final, FINAL picture of my quilt for you to have in the show-n-tell. Thanks so much! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's completely finished now! Yay! You can see my blog post about it here:
    http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/2012/11/forget-me-not-finished.html

    Pam, I've sent you an email with a photo attached. Let me know if you don't get it and I'll try again.

    @jlgwyn: Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete