HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Houston Quilt Market

Attending Fall Market in Houston was a wonderful, relaxing experience.  Because I didn't have a booth, I was able to spend five days submerging myself in all things quilting and had time for visiting with friends I don't often get to see.  


A Prairie Gathering Quilt and the three Tokens of the Past: Gathering In Red Quilts
by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts
My Prairie Gathering Quilt-of-the-Quarter quilt hung in the center of the Marcus Fabrics booth along with other outstanding quilt projects that will soon be coming your way!
Tokens of the Past: Gathering In Red quilts by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts
My brand new Tokens of the Past: Gathering In Red series quilts made their debut at market, and I'm so very happy to say, were met with rave reviews!!  


The three Gathering In Red quilts are made from just one of my new Prairie Gathering 10 inch precuts!!  Yes, Yes!!  You can make all of the units and blocks for all three quilts from just one package of 10 inch precut squares!!  Much more about this, and a special offer from me, coming in just a few weeks, so stay tuned.  Anyway...back to market news.....
Mill Works by Nancy Rink
Also in the Marcus Fabrics family is Mill Works by Nancy Rink Designs.  A new BOM.

Judie's Album with fabrics by Judie Rothermel
  I loved seeing Judie's Album quilt in person.  As with all quilts, of course, they're so much better in person than a photo.  I have long admired this quilt when I first saw it on the cover of Judie's book, and signed up to do the BOM.  My kits will come in 2015, but who knows what year I'll end up making it!  No matter....it will be there whenever I'm ready.  Do you do that too, or am I the only one?? LOL

The Quilted Crows Pantry Club
Well, The Quilted Crows sent a bevy of new projects for their new Pantry Club.  Missed you L & D, and your awesome quilts and projects made for a whole lot of eye candy in the aisle!!

Add caption
Victoria Park fabric by Karen Styles of Somerset Patchwork & Quilting 

Red Crinoline's booth was just across the aisle from Marcus.  

Soldier's Waltz by Red Crinoline Quilts

Hanover Stars by Red Crinoline Quilts
Paula Barnes and Mary Ellen Robison had lots of new quilts.  These are just some of their new pattern offerings.  

Bonnie Blue by Red Crinoline Quilts
If I had a favorite, it would be this quilt, Bonnie Blue, because I just love me a two color quilt!!  

Joyce Weeks of Geoff's Mom Designs
As I roamed the market aisles, I found quite a few friends and their gorgeous designs!  

This is Joyce's new wool BOM...just loving the textures in all that wool!!

Had to buy the pattern for this small quilt called Weezer's Paws.

Kathy Cardiff  of The Cottage at Cardiff Farms and me
Always have to stop and see Kathy Cardiff of The Cottage at Cardiff Farms.  Her wool designs really speak to me.  They say 'buy me, make me!"  

Geez..there's so many goodies to choose from, but I must admit.....

..it's the wool pinkeeps like these.....
...that get me every time!!  Both of Kathy's pinkeep books came home with me!  

Annemarie Yohnk of Quilts Remembered
Annemarie Yohnk of Quilts Remembered always, always has quilts that touch my heart.  

Abigail pattern by Annemarie Yohnk of Quilts Remembered
This red and cream quilt stopped me dead in my tracks!  The pattern is called Abigail and I fell madly in love.  (Are you giggling over the "No Photos Please" sign?  I had Annemarie's permission, I promise!)  

Kansas Troubles Quilters booth
No visit to market would ever be complete without stopping at my pal Lynne Hagmeier's (Kansas Troubles Quilters) booth.  

We all got our first look at Lynne's newest fabric collection, Clara's Garden.  Clara was Lynne's great, great-grandmother, and she has quite a story.  Click here to learn more about Clara and Lynne's fabric line.

Lynne never fails to WOW me with how many different quilts she creates from her 'layered patchwork' technique.  Isn't this just awesome??  

 One of my favorite quilts to see at Market was Di Ford's mystery quilt for Quiltmania magazine.  
 It was just jaw dropping-ly beautiful!!!

I was thrilled that Di chose to use so many of my fabrics in her quilt, and as I stood there, I got goosies just looking at them.  Actually, there are many, many Marcus fabrics in her quilt, including fabrics from Judie Rothermel, Paula Barnes, and Molly B's.  

 Every market has a large exhibit of quilts.  I usually don't have time to peruse them as I'm always in the booth, but this time, I had time to wander.  
As you can imagine, this exhibit was a show stopper.  
Much like the Infinite Variety show in New York City a few years ago, this display of red and white quilts had everyone talking.  What is it about red and white quilts that draws us all so much?  They're vibrant, striking, colorful, and happy.... but maybe that's just me?  Do you like red and white quilts, too?  Perhaps you're working on a collection of your own?

May I suggest a few new red quilts for your collection?

Shameless, I know, but you can't blame a girl for trying!  I hope you found a few things in these market pictures that are speaking to you.  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful show of quilts and booths. You made me feel that I was there. Your quilt is outstanding, and the three little ones are adorable. You are one talented lady! Thanks for sharing everything with us. The booths you chose to highlight are just the ones I would love to hang out at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing quilts! I loved your pictures. They truly shared the spirit of Quilt Market, And your quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful eye candy. Thank you so much for sharing. I saw MANY patterns and fabrics I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing photos from these fabulous designers. Glad you got to enjoy Market without having to work it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH...THANK YOU!! Finally pictures of REAL quilts from Market!! Loved them ALL!!!! Favourite booth pictures were Kathy Cardiff's...she had me drooling!! That barn quilt and of course her wee pincushions..well ALL of her designs are incredible! I also love your new fabric...can't wait to see it in real life!! ;o))
    Now I am going back for better tour! Thanks again!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your virtual tour, thanks for sharing. Your quilts are especially beautiful. I think I see a red quilt in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Pam for taking me on a trip through quilt market, it was wonderful! Talk about eye candy, so much creative energy on display! I simply love red, red, red and I can't wait for Tokens of the Past and your new red fabric! The best part of the trip? My feet don't hurt!

    Rita Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome sharing! I Love the cream /red one Abigail too. There were so many I loved. Thanks so much for sharing. Lucky you to get to visit friends too. I can see I'm going to have to add more reds to my bins:)
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing your photos from Quilt festival Pam. I really enjoyed your tour through the show. So many wonderful quilts and very talented designers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just loved this post Pam! So cool to see what went on at market this time! Cant wait to see your new fabric either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, thank you, thank you, thank you for your tour of Market! I've been perusing the blogs that posted about Market - but your is my favorite - maybe because we are drawn to the same colors/patterns/style of quilts!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Pam!!! I felt I was right along side of you seeing all those wonderful quilts, and yours are just beautiful!! You are such a wonderful designer and and a truly awesome friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really enjoyed all the pics. Wow, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What a fun variety of all my favorite types of quilts with wonderful fabric. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,stunning.Thanks forma sharing!

    ReplyDelete