HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Introducing Stars Over Union Hill

I'm so jazzed to finally begin showing you my new patterns!  This is a project that has been a long time coming.  I think I began making the pieced blocks 5 years ago.  Yes!  5 years!  I made them from extra Half Square Triangles and squares that I cut up while making other projects, so I just worked on it here and there.  Finally, last year I had made all the pieced blocks and set about making the stars.  Don't you just love those stars???  

I love them because they are so different.  The stars and the half rounds are all done in wool.  The look of wool and cotton is such a great combination.  

I named the pattern from the many stars that are seen in early American structures and on barns.  There's a little star history in the pattern for your enjoyment.
 Oh, and I made a little pinkeep, too!  The pattern includes instructions and templates for both the quilt and the pinkeep.  

The pattern is ready to go so if you'd like to put your scraps to good use...you can order the pattern here.

Hope you like Stars Over Union Hill as much as I do.  Now that it's done, it was so worth the wait!

2 comments:

  1. The pattern is gorgeous and I'm so happy that it's wool applique! Definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam ~ You have done it again!!! I LOVE this pattern. You always have a way of going just one step further and making something so much better!! Love stars and this one really shines!!!

    ReplyDelete