HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday's With Marcus ~ Timeworn Toolbox ~ Dolores Smith

 

Well.....hello once again!  It's another bright and sunny Monday which means our next Marcus Fabrics' designer has her turn.  Today, let me introduce you to Dolores Smith of Timeworn Toolbox.  

Dolores is known for her very soft and muted colors.  Her look is super special and you really must check out her fabric.  I can't wait for you to get to know her!!!  

Visit her website (above) to download her free "Harvest In A Row" pattern and browse to see what else she has to offer.   Oohhh....this is so much fun!

Don't forget to LIKE/FOLLOW/SHARE Timeworn Toolbox's social media for fabric giveaways!

And, by now you also know to do the same thing at Marcus Fabrics' Instagram and Monday's With Marcus Facebook page!!  Did you see the fat quarter bundles that were given away last week??  Gorgeous!!! 

Sewing Studio Update

This is a 'Before' photo of my sewing room.  The carpet was original from when we built our home 25 years ago and just needed to be replaced.  You can kinda see the chipping of the laminate floor a bit in this photo.  It was really bad all over.




This room is not that big, but I try to make the most of it, grateful that I have a room dedicated to my business and sewing messes.


Now, the renovation of my sewing studio is complete.  At least the part where someone else is doing the work.  So, so happy with the color of my new carpet.  The carpet installer thought I was nuts picking that color.....but what does he know?

A new laminate floor was installed and extended so my roller chair won't be hitting the lip strip and tearing it up. 


I added a magnetic black board next to my bulletin board.  That is where all my new quilt design ideas and fabric lines get their start.  A new place to pin, tack and doodle!  

Now, it's my task to organize and bring back all of the stuff I want in there.  Truth be told, I've been going through cabinets and drawers for months now, but there's a bit more to be done.  I don't have a whole lot of time to mess with that stuff....I have to get back to work.  And, I haven't sewn in quite awhile and I MISS IT!!!  

It's all be keeping me busy (to say the least) and safely tucked in the house most of the time.  I hope you're safe and well.  I'll post again soon with more updates on what's coming very soon in the way of new quilts and fabric lines.

Best wishes for surviving this election week!  The endless onslaught of political commercials should be deemed cruel and unusual punishment!!! 

Be well, dear quilting friends!



4 comments:

  1. It looks great! You will be super creative again in now time with a new "place" to inspire you. I love the carpet color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam ~ You know I LOVE the time worn look of Dolores's fabrics!! It give's my quilts that aged look I love!! Thanks' so much for sharing your progress with us!! I love the color of that carpet!! So rich looking, and great idea to extend your laminate floor. That magnet board is going to be a great help. I think I need to make you a new magnet!! Keep staying safe and I will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new sewing room, especially the carpet. Just wait till you have 45 years worth of fabric stash...you'll need the whole house, plus a little space for the husband. Beth, Loda, Il

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice upgrades to your sewing room. Won't it be a joy to work in there??

    ReplyDelete