HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, December 3, 2021

Glad Tidings ~ Part One

 Hi Dear Quilting Friend,

Such a super busy time of year!  I hope you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving with family and friends.  So much better than this time last year, although it seems we must still be vigilant in protecting ourselves from the Covid menace.  

After Thanksgiving, my family and I go right into Christmas decorating mode.  At last, the house is all decked out, and I feel better with all those boxes put away.  Still a lot left to do, and while we all prepare for our holiday, I hope we can steal a few minutes for ourselves, and sew something special, which brings me to our Glad Tidings Sew-along.

I really like this project because it will be super quick to piece.  If you find more time, and want to sew ahead...please do!  Better to get it done, relax and enjoy than not get it done.  If you need a little reminder and a bit of motivation, follow along with me as we make Glad Tidings in three weeks.

Follow along in your Glad Tidings pattern to make a total of (6) Half Square Triangles.
Next step is to sew the Aged Muslin strip to your green strip.  Then, subcut (24) Two Patches as directed in the Glad Tidings pattern.  That's it for this week!  

If you're hearing about the sew-along now, it's not too late to join us.  You can get the Glad Tidings pattern here.

IN THE STUDIO....

I am preparing for my brand new Pinks of the Past sample yardage to arrive any day now.  The Love & Hope basket quilt pattern is being written now, and then we will begin piecing this very pretty quilt.

I'll try to post some pictures on Instagram and Facebook.  The fabrics are oh so different, and really very old.  I have several that I can share what the vintage fabric looks like and how I had it reproduced.  Yummy stuff!  

Plans are also in the works for another Monday's With Marcus event coming in January,  more sew-alongs from me, and of course, new fabric lines to keep our creative hearts happy. 

Keep your needle busy and your heart content.....and please!  Be safe, and be well....

No comments:

Post a Comment