HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, December 10, 2021

Glad Tidings ~ Part Two

 Gee...is it just me, or are the weeks flying by even faster this time of year?  So much to do and not enough time.  That said, it's good for us to take a little 'me time' to sew after all we're doing for our family and friends.

Knowing how busy you are, our task this week will be another quick one.  Let's get started!

Sew (2) Two Patch units together into a Four Patch.  Make a total of (12) of them.  Check measurements stated in the pattern.  

Note:  There is an error in the pattern where it says to make (24) Four Patch units.  Change that to (12) please!  

Sew (12) red Half Square Triangles to (12) Four Patch units exactly as shown.  Check your measurements.

Sew (2) of the previous units together to make a block.  Make (6) blocks and check you measurements.  That's it!  All of the blocks are done, and next week we will assemble the quilt top.  I hope you feel this sewing has been do-able as you prepare for the holiday.  

I'm happy to find a few minutes each day to sew for myself.  Ya know, when I was making the Circa 1880 Nine Patch quilt a few years ago, I started early in the morning each day in my sewing room sewing strips or blocks.  Gotta say, that was a wonderful way to start each day.  No matter what else happen that day, I had already clocked some 'me time' and it felt great.  Somehow, that habit faded away, and I'm thinking I need to make time for me in the morning again.  Maybe your best time is at the end of the day, or during a lunch break?  Whenever it is, we owe it to ourselves to do what makes us happy and fulfilled!  Even if it's only for 15 minutes.  

Keep your needle busy and your heart content.  Stay safe out there, my friends, and be well.






No comments:

Post a Comment