HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, February 11, 2022

From the Heart ~ Part Two

 The week has flown by and we're all one week closer to spring....and that's a very good thing!  I stare at a sea of white as we're still snow covered here in Chicagoland.  Typical for February, but my seasonal radar is longing for the change to spring.  It won't be long now!

By now, you have all  of your Cat's Cradle blocks complete, so our next step is to make the Firefly  units.  

Follow along in the pattern directions to piece a Half Square Triangle to a square.

Sew (2) units together to make the block.

With the units for the Old Maid's Puzzle block complete, we can begin assembly of the Old Maid block.

Sew a Cat's Cradle block and a Firefly block together.  


Sew (2) units together to make the Old Maid's Puzzle block.  Make a total of (6) blocks.

You're all done for this week.....unless....you want to sew ahead to have your quilt top done before Valentine's Day on Monday.  Your choice.  I leave my Valentine decor up though the month of February, and I like working on future V-Day projects all month, too, so I don't mind if everything isn't complete by the 14th.  Enjoy the process and the project!

Have you seen the Spring 2022 issue of Primitive Quilts & Projects magazine? 

Stars over Union Hill by Pam Buda~Heartspun Quilts.com

My Stars over Union Hill quilt is included along with other great projects in this issue!  There's a whole lotta stitching goodies in this magazine, so be sure to head to your LQS or newsstand to buy a copy.   

Oh...and guess what??


All of my Marcus Fabrics designing sisters and I have been planning something new and fun for you, all beginning Valentine's Day, February 14th!!  Oh, do we have some gorgeous projects in store.  I can't wait to share it all with you.  

So, be sure to visit my blog on Monday for all of the details.  Better yet, subscribe to my blog and you won't ever miss a thing!  My blog posts will be delivered right to your email inbox.  Scroll down to find the "Subscribe" box on the right sidebar.  It's that easy!

Keep your needle busy and your heart content.  Be well......






1 comment: