HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, June 30, 2022

A Beautiful Surprise!

 

Beverly Neff and me
My last post told of an upcoming trip to the Mountain Quiltworks event in Pigeon Forge, TN.  I spent a week there teaching, and the show had over 500 glorious quilts on display, and a very fun vendor mall.  

While browsing the show and vendor mall this quilt sure caught my eye.  Upon closer inspection, I recognized my Cheddar & Coal fabrics in this quilt.  How cool was that?  I stopped to chat with Beverly Neff of Neff's County Loft & Quilt Shop.

It was Beverly's idea to use Cheddar & Coal in a pattern called Exploding Heart, designed by Laura Piland.  Genius!  I love the pairing of the blacks and cheddars in a more modern, and definitely non-Halloween type quilt.  Why not, right?!

If you'd like the Exploding Heart pattern, please call Neff's at (740) 423-1965.  I'm not sure if the kit is available, but I know they can help you with the pattern.  And, you'll be supporting a great quilt shop, too!

IN THE STUDIO.....

I'm still in the 'draught' of any new fabric coming.  The shipping problems are still nowhere close to being fixed, but are improving a little each month.  My next fabric line should arrive early in September.  I just received my sample yardage and am making a sweet little quilt from it.  Hoping to share photos and details in about a week or so.

In the meantime, I've been using this quiet time to design, design, design!  I think there are seven lines in various stages of production with more coming.  Best take advantage of this time to work ahead.  Once shipping gets back up and running, it will definitely be busier here.  I welcome the change!  

As we head toward the July 4th holiday, I hope you and your family are well and happy.  Keep the people of Ukraine in your prayers.

Keep your needle busy and your heart content.  Be well, my friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment