HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Scrap Winners & 2018 Civil War Cruise!!

Thank you so much to all 188 of you who left a comment to win a bunch of scraps.  You will never know how much I value reading your comments and that you took the time to do so.  It was very enlightening to read how difficult it is for so many of you to get to see your favorite Civil War reproduction fabrics in your local shop.  Still...it is so important to patronize your brick and mortar shops whenever possible as that's the only way they will keep being there for us in the future!  

Now....on to the scrap box winners:

Tracey Holzer commented...


Great to hear that you are on the mend and getting back to your normal life! I live in an area where quilt shops are a couple hours away from me, so I do the most of my fabric shopping online. But many of the shops I've visited seem to have more brights than darks and I'm a dark girl! I'd love more reproduction fabrics...yours, Kim Diehl, KT, all of them. Thanks for this chance!

Dolores from Wyandotte commented.....

I have one local quilt shop that carries very, very little.  But what they do carry is Marcus Brothers, Paula Barnes, and yourself, Pam.  I have asked if the owner would be interested in expanding the repro line but she feels and she doesn't have a large audience.  I disagree but what can you do.  So I must either travel a good distance or order on-line.  Ho Hum what's a gal to do!  So you can understand my pain and so it sure would be nice to win one of those  boxes of yummy fabric.  Thanks Pam

Traditional Quilter commented......

My local quilt shop carries some repro fabrics but to get a bigger selection I need to drive to one that is 100 miles away.  I love your fabrics.  I buy many different designers fabrics.  I love the more traditional repros the best.  I would love to win some scrap fabrics.  Yours are always amazing.  Reproduction scraps fabric quilts are so fun to make.

Karen commented......

I love playing with scraps!  As far as the local quilt shops stocking my favorite repro fabrics. There is only one that does and only side of a row.   I wish there were more from any of the designers.  Never a full line of any designer's fabric.  No fat quarter bundles, or fat eighths or layer cakes in the repro fabrics.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for participating.  Please email me at Pam@HeartspunQuilts.com with your mailing address and I'll have those scraps on their way to you.  
You are cordially invited to sail with me on an awesome Civil War cruise in April, 2018!!!  

I am so, so, SO jazzed to say that two of my most favorite Civil War designer friends will be joining me....Julie Hendricksen, shop owner of JJ Stitches (Sun Prairie, WI)who is also a fabric designer for Wyndham, and Carol Hopkins, designer of Civil War Legacies patterns.  Both are also Martingale authors and extremely talented, fun women to be around.  What a great time we will have.  

Take a look at the three quilt projects!  Swoon...I wish I could take Julie and Carol's classes with you!  Each one is Civil War, and each on is so different from one another.  What a great addition to your Civil War Repro quilt collection they will be, and great fun, and memories to boot.

We will be sailing Royal Carribbean's Liberty of the Seas to Galveston, Honduras, Cozumel and Costa Maya.  I've never been to any of these destinations and am really looking forward to it.

Click here for the link to check out all of the details about the teachers, projects, ship and ports.  The folks at Stitchin' Heaven are our hosts and they've been doing quilting cruises for a very long time.  We will all be in very good hands.  

Think about joining the fun with a bunch of other Civil War loving quilters, and spend a whole week with three of your favorite Civil War designers all to yourselves!  Oh, and then there's the fabulous ship, food, destinations, sun......

5 comments:

  1. SOME DAY!!! Would L.O.V.E to go on this cruise, ~ Maybe when I retire! HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cruise sounds like lots of fun. Thank you so much for the box of scraps I won. I will use them in my next quilt. It will feel like Christmas when they come and I can plan what pattern to use with them. I responded to your email with my mailing address. Have a wonderful day Pam!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this would be lovely! Thanks again for your scraps, Pam! I promise to use them quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that I won your scraps give-away! I can't wait to receive them. This cruise sounds awesome. Thanks Pam. Have a great day. Dolores from Wyandotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners!!! Oh how I wish I could come cruise with you Pam!!
    Looks like a quilters dream!!

    ReplyDelete