HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, April 24, 2020

Safe Keeping Sew-Along ~ Part Two

Safe Keeping

Welcome to part two of our scrappy little runner.  I love star blocks and the LeMoyne Star is my favorite!

Cutting Instructions for LeMoyne Star block:

From light print

Cut (4) 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles  
Cut (4) 1 1/2" squares

From black print
Cut (2) 2 1/4" squares for Half Square Triangles
Cut (4) 1 1/2" squares

From red print
Cut (2) 2 1/4" squares for Half Square Triangles
Cut (4) 1 1/2" squares 

Directions

1).  Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of (2) 2 1/4" red print squares.  Match each with a 2 1/4" black print square.  Sew 1/4" each side of the drawn line.  Cut apart and press to the dark.  Trim (4) Half Square Triangles to measure 1 1/2" unfinished.

2).  Sew the (4) Half Square Triangles into a Pinwheel unit measuring 2 1/2" square.

3).  Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of (4) red and (4) black print 1 1/2" squares.  Using the Connector Corner method, sew the red print squares to a 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" light print rectangle (watch positioning of the black and red print squares); press and trim.  Repeat on the other side of the rectangle with the (4) black print squares.  Make (4) Flying Geese measuring 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" unfinished.  

4).  Arrange the units for the block as shown in the photo above.  Sew together into rows; press to Flying Geese units.
Sew rows together; press.  Your block should measure 4 1/2" square.
Block two done!  We're half way there.  I could make tons more LeMoyne Star blocks.....I just love every one of the them.  Can't wait to see yours!  Post a photo using this hashtag #safekeepingsewalong

Guess what else is new from Heartspun Quilts?
Freedom Trail made with Bess' Flower Garden fabrics (Marcus Fabrics) by Pam Buda
My new Freedom Trail quilt is all done!  I just love this quilt.  It's not too big, and not too small.  Perfect to cozy under while sitting outside on a cool and breezy summer night.  It will look great with my patriotic decor as well.  So happy it's finished. 
 I like to take some closeup photos of the fabrics, blocks and quilting.
I pulled the shades for soft daytime lighting to highlight the quilting and make it easier to see.
I chose this cute e2e design with stars and big swirls...love it!
Wouldn't it make a great Wounded Warrior quilt?!! 

Freedom Trail is one of two new quilts made with my new Bess' Flower Garden collection.  

Would you love a Freedom Trail kit?  Click here!

Prefer to own the pattern?  Sure....click here!

As we begin another weekend, stay safe and create at home.
I sincerely hope this sew-along cheers your spirits.

I encourage you to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for behind-the-scenes posts that don't appear here on the blog.  


Be well, my friends....keep on stitching!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, I'm trying to sew Block #2 but I'm having a problem with measurements. My half square triangles are less than 2 inches and I don't think the light rectangle should be 3.5 inches. Makes more sense to be 2.5 inches (?) Is anyone else having a problem or is my brain just fried?! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete